Blogging is a great way to increase your website traffic, your following and to share your expertise with the world. On the days that I post a blog, my website traffic increases dramatically.
There are many benefits to blogging besides increasing your web traffic; here are a few more
Posting a blog on a regular, consistent basis gives visitors a reason to come back and interact with you.
- Blogging on a consistent basis helps to build your position in your niche or market as the go to location for your followers.
- Blogging gives you and your customers and potential customers a way to communicate and connect.
- Blogging gives you a way to build trust with the people who are visiting your blog which helps grow your business.
If you’re not blogging it’s time. Here are 9 tips for you to help you get started:
- Use images; they add to the post and break up the text.
- Add keywords to help with SEO.
- Be yourself; be who you are don’t try to be like anyone else.
- Write like you talk; you’re not writing for a newspaper, blogs are personal.
- Don’t worry about the number of words; your blogs can be short or long.
- Set a blog schedule and stick to it; this was the best advice I was given!
- Write several at a time and schedule them to be published.
- Share on social media.
- Use a catchy title to grab attention.
The best tip I was given was to set a schedule and write several of them at a time. This works very well for me as I can sit down and write them and then schedule them to be published on specific dates/times. Start off slow and post once a week – consistency is key!
If you’ve found this blog valuable please share with your friends and colleagues and I would love your comments! Thanks for reading!