Virtual Assistants often ask me, “Do I really need to have a Free Offer aka Lead Magnet on my website“?
And, my answer is always the same, “Yes you do“.
Because you need a method to attract prospects. Yes, even a Virtual Assistant business needs a sales pipeline!
Then the next question comes… “Well, what should I create“?
The whole idea of having to create something scares many people – I know it did me when I first started out.
I’m a chronic over-thinker (anyone else have this problem) so, I ended up researching too much (another problem of mine – love to do research), and ended up overwhelmed and confused.
Does it really have to be this hard to create something, I thought.
Turns out, I was making it much harder than it needed to be. Once I stopped thinking about it, I realized I just needed a simple way to share my expertise.
The beauty of a freebie, is in it’s simplicity.
It doesn’t have to be hard to create or share.
It can be simple, even just a one page checklist.
Remember… it’s all about the VALUE.
What can you show, teach or give that will give your potential subscribers incredible value?
What to Create?
Create a freebie that showcases your expertise to your Target Market. (Don’t have a Target Market or know how to find one? Join my free VA Training Hub for access to my Marketing for Virtual Assistants webinar – click here to join.)
What is one of their biggest issues or pain points?
Not sure, ask them.
Do a survey and share it with your clients.
Don’t have any clients, find your Target Market online and ask them to fill out a simple survey.
Then take action on the results. How can you solve it? Pick a topic and get started.
Here are 5 awesome ideas for creating a freebie.
Simply, take your topic and create one of these items. Go with what suits you. Don’t be afraid to share your brilliance!
- A Simple Checklist – people love checklists! Take your topic and create a one page checklist on how to use it or why it’s important.
- An Infographic – perfect for those of us who are visual. Take your topic and create a graphic or flow chart of the steps in a process or instructions. You can even compare items.
- A Video or Audio Series – great for teaching and how to’s. You could break down the steps into individual videos or audios of “how to’s”. Deliver them over a series of days or weeks via an Auto-Responder or Sequence.
- A Resource List – similar to a checklist but this gives a list of handy tools, short cuts, etc. What tools does your Target Industry use or need to know more about?
- A How To Ebook, Guide or PDF – expand your simple checklist into a “How To” Ebook, PDF or Guide. These are also great for expanding on your expertise and the solutions you provide.
Remember, your Freebie isn’t about you – it’s about what you do for your clients. The problems you solve, the solutions you provide, the transformation that happens to your client’s business when they work with you.
Oh, and a quick note. You’ll need to have an Email Marketing program to capture the names of the people who sign up. Mail Chimp or Mad Mimi are two great options when just starting out. But, you’ll need to create your Freebie first. (I’ll be doing a blog post on setting up your freebie with your email marketing tool this later in August.)
Do you have a Freebie? Please add a link in the Comments below to share it!
I’d love to here your comments. Please take a moment to leave me a comment and share your thoughts.
Thanks for reading!