Here are some quick tips to help you get started as a Virtual Assistant. Enjoy!
- Choose a name that feels right. (This was the hardest part for me) Find something that resonates with you then check to see if it’s trademarked. Go to http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp.
- Once you’ve decided on your business name – buy the domain. Consider purchasing not only the .com but the .info, .org and .net. The last thing you want is someone to use the same name as your business and then purchase the .net or .org. You will be losing traffic and it will cause confusion. Here are a few popular domain registrars:
- Go Daddy
- Active Domain
- Make a list of your skills AND then remove the ones you don’t like! (This helps you define your “services”)
- Set your rates. This doesn’t have to be difficult! Do the research but don’t get stuck in analysis paralysis and most importantly – Don’t under value what you offer!
- Define your Ideal Client. Ask yourself the following and then write down your responses:
- What type of person do like to work with?
- Are they in a specific industry or profession?
- Are they a specific age group or gender
- Define your systems, processes & templates. Don’t wait – do it now! When you get busy and need help you won’t have the time! A few examples are:
- Client Intake
- Responding to Proposals
- Business Policies
- Operations Manual
- Find a buddy or mentor. Partner up with someone to help you through the rough spots, give you support and encouragement.
If you’ve found this helpful, please comment and share! We’d love to know if we’re providing you value!